Device to device data transfer
Step 1: Select the device type
- Launch the eMIGRATE application on both, the phone ("Old device" from where to transfer the data" and the "New device" to which you want to transfer the data)
- Select the appropriate option in the 1st screen as show in the below image.
- Press on the "NEXT" button after selecting proper current phone option.
Step 2: Select the transfer medium type
- eMIGRATE support 3 transfer medium as of today:
- WIFI (use this when both the devices are connected to the same WIFI access point)
- WIFI Direct
- Select the transfer medium via which you want to transfer the data
- In the image below user has selected Bluetooth as transfer medium
- Make sure that the transfer medium is selected same on both the devices. Select "NEXT"
Step 3: Select the data to be migrated
- Now the "New device" will be waiting for the connection request from the "Old Device"
- On the "Old Device", select the contents which you wish to transfer.
- Image below shows that the user has selected Contacts, Messages and Call logs
- Select "NEXT" to proceed
Step 4: Pairing and connecting
- Now select the device from the list of the available devices.
- eMIGRATE will prompt for confirmation before initiating connection
- On user's confirmation, there will be prompt on both the device to accept pairing
- Once all confirmed by the user, device will get connected and ready for migration